Sub-Title

My name is Matt Glenn. I am a student of music technlogy and sound engineering at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Outside of class (and sometimes during) I do a ton of thinking about music and audio engineering. This blog is a my attempt at organizing my mental maelstrom.

Matt Glenn

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Few Personal Projects

I recently uploaded two of my personal projects to Youtube, in preparation to use them as resume material. Both were done for my Sound, Image, and Story class, which focuses primarily on the use of sound and music to support, enhance, or alter a plot-driven visual work.

The first project is a photo roman , a movie that consists entirely of still images. The images follow a passage of narration which I was inspired to write by the photos. I mixed in a bed of sound design, including a few iterations of a particularly fun effect in which I isolate one or more resonances in a field recording:



Stepping away from twisted, existential prose, my second project is a mashup edit of the famous courtroom scene from the film A Few Good Men , starring Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson. I changed their relationship a bit...



Not only was this sonically a very friendly scene to re-cut, but when Jack Nicholson feeds you lines like "Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties..." it's just too hard to refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment