Sub-Title

My name is Matt Glenn. I am a student of music technlogy and sound engineering at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Outside of class (and sometimes during) I do a ton of thinking about music and audio engineering. This blog is a my attempt at organizing my mental maelstrom.

Matt Glenn

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Guerilla Filmmaking

This past saturday, myself, my five group members, and five other actors took over a backstreet behind an administration building in order to film a high-action short for our compositing class. The premise is simple: there is a glowing orb at one end of the street, and a group of people (including the male protagonist) are attempted to nab it. The catch is that the orb has a defense mechanism, a pulse it sends out that freezes the pursuers in mid-stride.

To achieve the desired effects (freezing the characters, placing the orb in the space, stabilizing the shots) we will use motion tracking, masking, and layering techniques. The film was shot on a Canon 60D DSLR camera, at 1080p 24fps. The soundscape will provide opportunities to design standard sounds like footsteps and car sounds, but also to create sounds for the orb and the orb's pulse, and to make a musical score that keeps up the excitement.

Here are a few photos from the shoot:

No comments:

Post a Comment