Sub-Title

My name is Matt Glenn. I am a student of music technlogy and sound engineering at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Outside of class (and sometimes during) I do a ton of thinking about music and audio engineering. This blog is a my attempt at organizing my mental maelstrom.

Matt Glenn

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting job in the music/theatre industry is like impressing a girl in a bar...

• You have to be in the right place at the right time.
• It's all about first impressions.
• You may think appearance and wardrobe aren't that important, but they make a big difference.
• Singing or playing an instrument well scores major points
• A hot résumé never hurts
• Don't expect to go all the way at the start
• One wrong move could blow it
• You have to be willing to kiss some ass to get some ass
• It never hurts to know someone beforehand
• It's much harder in New York or LA

Anybody have a job for me? I'm not 21 yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment